Major Multi-State Crackdown on ISI-Backed Shahzad Bhatti Network; 253 Detained Across 14 States

New Delhi : Security agencies have carried out a major multi-state operation against the Pakistan-based, ISI-backed Shahzad Bhatti Network (SBN) ahead of Independence Day, detaining 253 people across 14 states on August 12. According to the Ministry of Home Affairs, more than 80 FIRs and over 200 arrests have so far been recorded in cases linked to the network.

Union Home Minister Amit Shah said on X that the operation was conducted under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and as part of the government’s policy of zero tolerance towards cross-border terrorism. He said security forces simultaneously conducted operations at multiple locations across the country, disrupting the alleged terror network and thwarting its plans for potentially dangerous attacks.

Coordinated Action Across 14 States

The operation was conducted in coordination with state police forces through a system for sharing real-time intelligence. Uttar Pradesh recorded the highest number of detentions at 62, followed by Haryana with 52, Delhi with 51 and Punjab with 44.

The operation also resulted in 15 detentions in Rajasthan, eight in Maharashtra and five in Uttarakhand. Karnataka, Gujarat and Bihar reported three detentions each, while Telangana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Kerala reported two each. Fresh FIRs have also been registered in Delhi and Karnataka.

IEDs, Grenades and Firearms Recovered

According to the Home Minister, security agencies recovered IEDs, grenades bearing Pakistan Ordnance Factory markings, pistols, live ammunition and CCTV cameras allegedly used for surveillance during the operation.

Investigating agencies allege that members of the network used local associates to conduct reconnaissance of police and defence establishments as well as religious sites. CCTV cameras were allegedly installed at strategic locations for surveillance and intelligence-gathering purposes.

Network Allegedly Linked to Multiple Terror Activities

Security agencies have accused the Shahzad Bhatti Network of involvement in activities including grenade, IED and petrol-bomb attacks as well as targeted killings. Cases linked to the network have been registered under provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA), Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), Arms Act, NDPS Act and Explosive Substances Act, among other laws.

Officials said the coordinated operation was launched ahead of Independence Day to prevent any potential disruption and to identify individuals allegedly involved in the network’s operational, logistical and surveillance activities.

Government Reaffirms Zero-Tolerance Policy

The Centre has reiterated that India will continue to pursue a zero-tolerance policy towards cross-border terrorism. Security agencies are now examining the wider network, including its alleged financial channels, local facilitators and cross-border links.

The multi-state operation is aimed not only at preventing possible terror attacks but also at dismantling the alleged support structure behind the network and identifying individuals involved in providing logistics, funding, surveillance and other forms of assistance.

Authorities have indicated that coordinated investigations and further action against members and associates of the alleged network will continue.

The S Bharat

The S Bharat | Digital News Portal Reliable, Unbiased, Fast.Voice of Society. Truth with Integrity. www.thesbharat.com

Leave a Reply

Categories

Don't Miss

Dilapidated School Building Forces Students to Study in Garbage Shed in Chhattisgarh’s Kanker District

Kanker, Chhattisgarh | A serious concern over school infrastructure has

NCDC to Deploy Real-Time Data and AI to Boost Disease Surveillance in India

By The S Bharat New Delhi: The National Centre for

SECL Launches State-of-the-Art Dental Care Unit at Indira Vihar Health Center

In a significant step toward strengthening employee healthcare services, South

Trump’s Defense of Saudi Crown Prince Highlights Deep Shift in U.S. Human Rights Policy

President Donald Trump’s outspoken defense of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed